Bishop's Mission Strategy Fund
New projects will be prioritised for funding, however, there may be some scope for supporting existing projects which are developing Parish mission and outreach services.
The fund can be used to make an initial commitment to a project which can then attract assistance from elsewhere, in particular, the Church & Community Fund, Local Authorities, etc.
How much can you apply for?
Up to £20,000 per year. Every application will be assessed on its own merit, and at least 50% of the money needed for your activity must come from other sources - only up to 50% may be awarded from this fund.
Please bear in mind however that funds are limited and we will be seeking to support as many projects as possible throughout the year. In all cases, the maximum period of funding will normally be 3 years, with the contribution reducing each year.
Examples of types of project which will be funded are:
- Direct Mission Projects to assist parishes in the implementation of their mission action plan or vision statement;
- Indirect Mission Projects;
- 'Seedcorn' funding for feasibility studies for mission orientated projects;
- Christians to work together ecumenically and, where appropriate, engage with local faith communities;
- Diocesan Projects for the development of mission in keeping with the work streams of the Mission Strategy 2021.
Ideas of what you can apply for:
- Grants for people based mission projects;
- Grants to equip mission activities more effectively in your area;
- Work with specific groups such as youth, children, families and the elderly or projects such as those supporting mental health, dementia, or disabilities.
Applications should take into consideration the Mission Values of the Diocese, which build on the “Five Marks of Mission” from the 1988 Lambeth Conference, and the work streams of the Mission Strategy 2021. These are:
- To proclaim the good news of the kingdom;
- To teach, baptise and nurture new believers;
- To respond to human need by loving service;
- To seek to transform unjust structures of society;
- To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the earth.
Who can apply:
Applications may be made on behalf of any Deanery, Benefice or Parish in the Diocese which is planning a project concerned with outreach.
An application can be submitted by the Rural Dean, Lay Chair of a Deanery or by the Incumbent or Wardens of any Parish in the Diocese provided that it has the approval of the PCC of that Parish and is supported by the Rural Dean and Lay Chair through the Deanery Synod or Standing Committee, as well as the Area Archdeacon.
When can you apply:
At any time during the year.
Bishop's Mission Strategy 2021 Fund - Guidance notes (.docx / 329.86 kb)
Bishop's Mission Strategy 2021 Fund - Application form (.docx / 272.08 kb)
For more information about the Fund download the documents above, or for further advice please contact Richard Butler, Diocesan Secretary at email@example.com on 01603 882353.